One reason I love December is because Christmas is coming and that means it’s time to buy Christmas tree. But for me, I make my own. I also make a bunch of Christmas ornaments. Like this project, it’s new for me. Inexpensive materials can create a beautiful-looking holiday decor.
- Four 4 1/2 and two 2 1/2 Popsicle sticks
- Chenille stems, any color
- All-purpose glue
- Wire cutter
- Silver and iridescent glitter glue
- Paint brush
- Multi-color star sequins
- Glitter star stickers
- Green sharpie
1. Glue the two small sticks an inch to the tip of the large popsicle stick.
2. Then glue the end of the small stick together.
3. Clip the clothespins to all glued sticks and let them dry.
4. Glue three more large sticks to ones that are glued already, forming a triangle. Make sure to leave an inch for both top and bottom, then clip the clothespins again and let them dry.
5. Apply glue on the triangle stick including the center ones.
6. Place any color of chenille stems up to the end of the large sticks and place a heavy object on top and dry completely.
7. Trim the stems using a wire cutter.
8. Repeat step 5 to 7.
9. Grab the star sticker and stick it on top of the tree. Stick them back-to-back.
10. Brush the silver and iridescent glitter glue on the chenille stems.
11. Sprinkle the multi-color sequin stars on top then arrange them using the QuickStik. Let it dry before moving it around.
12. Color all the visible sticks with green sharpie.