DIY Popsicle Stick Storage Box
Hi guys. I had a facial tissue box that has been empty for a few days, but I just couldn’t get rid of it because I know I can make something out from it. I was staring at my desk and beside it is a bookshelf that I use for displaying and storing my crafting stuff and I saw a lot of sharpies piled in mini plastic storage. So, I decided to make this a sharpie storage. It would be perfect so I can place them in an upright position and keep the good flow of ink inside the container. Anyway, enough of my story, right? Let’s get this started.
- Empty box of tissue napkin
- 31-35 pieces popsicle stick
- Multi-purpose glue
1. Cut the top part of the empty box with the scissor.
2. Fill the bottom surface with glue.
3. Place the popsicle sticks on top of the glue. It fits 6 popsicle sticks. Dry for at least 30 minutes.
4. Use books to lay the box sideways and apply glue again on top of the box. Dry for at least 30 minutes. Repeat the process until you cover all the sides of the box with popsicle sticks. You can put something heavy inside of the box while it’s drying. It will stick better if something heavy and hard pressing on it.
After the box is done, you can definitely think of something to make it beautiful. You can try to color or paint the popsicle sticks, decorate with embellishments, put images on each side or write around it. It’s totally up to you.
Recycling or repurposing is great. It helps the environment. Instead of throwing out your empty boxes, think of reusing it. I’m sure you can come up of a good idea, just like me. If I can do it, you can too!
I hope you like this tutorial. If you have any questions or suggestions, please use the comment section below. Happy crafting!