Easy DIY Valentine Card
Valentine’s Day is coming up and I’m wondering if you guys make your own valentines card or do you buy it.? As for me, I’m not much of a buyer. I’d rather create my own and customize it. Besides, I’m a creative person. I’d make anything from scratch. I have plenty of cardstock and scrapbooking paper lying around, I might as well use it.
When I was in grade and high school, I used to make this kind of card and give it to my friends during special occasions. When you’re still studying and don’t enough resources, you make the best of what you have. To be honest, I don’t even remember spending a dime for a card during my younger years.
This valentine card is so easy and simple – a perfect project for beginners. If you don’t have these kind of scrapbooking papers, feel free to use anything you have. Don’t hesitate to experiment.
- Valentine-theme scrapbook paper
- Smitten heart stripe scrapbook paper
- Pink cardstock
- Red Sharpie
- Paper glue
- 2 Paper clips
- Fold the pink cardstock in half.
- Place it on the back of the valentine-themed paper and trace it using the pencil.
- Cut using the scissor.
- Glue the traced valentine paper onto the folded pink cardstock. Make sure the crease of the pink card is on the left.
- Fold the smitten heart stripe paper in two with the same size as the pink cardstock. Trim any paper that is unequal.
- Then cut. All papers should have the same size now.
- Fold one side of the pink cardstock into half. Use paper clips to hold both ends of the paper.
- Crease the center; about 5 inch in the middle, leaving an inch on both top and bottom area.
- Outline a half heart from the middle crease.
- Cut the outlined heart.
- Glue the smitten heart stripe paper onto the layered card.
- Write your personalized message inside the card.
So, this is it! Hope to visit here again next time. Happy crafting!