How To Decorate Shoes With Mod Podge Fabric
Do you have extra shoes that you don’t use anymore? Or maybe they are worn out already but you don’t want to throw them out? How about giving them a new look? With Mod Podge fabric, it’s definitely possible.
I’m going to give this shoes a distressed look. The material of this shoes is suede. Take note that both materials should be fabric to fabric. Otherwise, it will not adhere well. Feel free to use any fabric or cloth colors.
- Plain shoes
- Mod Podge fabric (blue label)
- Fabric, cut into pieces (whatever shape you desire)
- Paint brush or sponge
- Painter’s tape
- Squeegee (optional)
- Cover the outsoles with painter’s tape.
- Apply Mod Podge to all area of the shoe that you want to be covered.
- Start gluing the cut out fabrics on the surface. Create whatever pattern you desire.
- Press it with your hands or use the squeegee to make sure the fabrics are glued evenly on the shoe.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 for the other pair.
- Top coat the shoes. Dry for 2 hours or more.
- Remove the painter’s tape from the outsoles.
- Trim the excess threads hanging from the fabrics, if there are any.
- You can wear them right away if they are completely dry. But, wait for a few weeks to wash them.
That’s it! Easy and simple. Until the next project!